Financial and Property Rights
Sorting out financial and property rights is crucial when you separate. This is one of the thorniest areas of family law. It is in your interests to get expert advice to find out about your rights, obligations and entitlements.
We can advise you if you are married or in a Civil Partnership and separating, or if you are unmarried and separating.
We can put together a package of advice and action that is right for you. Our aim is to help you find pragmatic and cost effective solutions. We have experience in advising not only complex high net worth cases, but also cases with more modest and limited resources.
We can advise you on the following issues when you separate or divorce:-
- Division of property and capital assets
- Maintenance for spouses/civil partners
- Maintenance for children
- CSA (Child Support Agency) and CMS (Child Maintenance Service)
Our aim is to give you practical and realistic advice to help you get the fair and right solution for you. We help you decide the best method of finding solutions for you. We help you decide the best method of finding solutions for you. If appropriate, we offer alternative methods of resolving disputes through mediation and collaboration. We offer traditional forms of resolution through negotiation and, if necessary, through an application to the Court.
At Adams Harrison, we:-
- Provide you with practical and expert advice
- Negotiate fairly and robustly on your behalf
- Draft agreements for separation
- Help you with the Court process – preparing your financial application, helping you complete and exchange financial disclosure (often by way of completing a document called Form E) and representing you at Court
Pre and Post Marital Agreements
If you want to protect property, assets and income or want clarity in the event that your relationship breaks down in the future, we can also advise and draft both pre or post marital agreements and cohabitation agreements.